Recipe by Um Safia
I know there are plenty of avocado salsa recipes here on Zaar - but not one was the same as this (similar, yes!). This salsa is so refreshing & light but packed full of flavour. Delicious when eaten straight after you make it but even better if allowed to sit for a while to let the flavours really blend well. Take care choosing your avocados, they need to be rip but still firm - this isn't guacamole ;) Enjoy it with any of your favourite spicy foods.......
- 2 ripe avocados, still firm
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, deseeded & juice removed
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 green chili, deseeded & minced
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons diced red peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve & destone the avocados.
- Peel off the skin & cut flesh into small cubes, place in a bowl.
- Mix the lime juice in immediately to prevent discolouration,.
- Dice the tomato once deseeded & juice is removed.
- Toss with the avocado & add the minced chili.
- Finely chop the red onion & add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Finish by mixing in the coriander & any of the optional extras.
- Serve in a large bowl with a bowl of sour cream on the side.
- Or individual bowls with a spoon of sour cream on the top & a coriander leaf.