Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have found the most important thing to remember when making Yorkshire puddings is to preheat the oil in the tin before pouring in the batter! Loving homemade Yorkshires - I like mine with a crock pot beef stew or a traditional roast dinner!
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre, pour in the beaten egg and gradually draw in the flour.
- Add the milk and whisk until you have a smooth batter, season to taste.
- Cover with cling film then leave to rest for 1 hour if possible.
- Preheat oven to 220C/425°F.
- Place the oil into two 12 hole trays and heat on the top shelf of the oven for 5 minutes until very hot.
- Stir the batter then using a small ladle or desert spoon, pour the batter into the hot fat so that it comes halfway up the sides.
- Bake the puddings for about 20 minutes until well risen, crisp and golden brown.