1/1 Photo of The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
4 hrs 20 mins
my kid's mom's Note:
Yummiest and easiest whole chicken in a crock pot. From www.100daysofrealfood.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the dried spices in a small bowl.
- 2Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- 3Remove any giblets from the chicken and then rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
- 4Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. There is no need to add any liquid.
- 5Cook for 4 – 5 hours on high (for a 3 or 4 pound chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone. Don’t forget to make your homemade stock with the leftover bones!
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 372.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 21.7 g