1/1 Photo of The Best White Cake
Diana in KS's Note:
I am new to making cakes even though I love to bake. I was originally looking for a yellow cake which this was suppose to be. It wasn't until my daughter's birthday party that we realized that it wasn't a yellow cake but a very soft and yummy white cake. I now realize that most yellow or golden cakes have just yolks in them. This cake will look like it has too much liquid in it but it came out beautifully. Tops best with royal icing of soft and medium consistency. To beat the crumbs use a loose icing layer (royal icing) to cover the cake first. Set in the refrigerator 10-15 minutes. Then go back ice with the real stuff. No more worries about the crumbs. Modified from a web recipe from unknown origins. Butter- I used cheap margarine with salt in it. Milk-1 3/4 cup water & 7/12 cup powdered milk ( 1/3 cup + 6 T)
My Private Note
9" squa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease and flour pans lightly. I used 2 9" square. You should be able to use 2 8"-9" rounds just fine.
- 3Cream together butter & extract.
- 4Add sugar slowly until all is added and it is mixed well.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 6In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt together twice.
- 7Now add flour mixture, alternating between the milk and flour. Mixing well after each again.
- 8Pour equal amounts into each pan and give it a tap on the counter to remove any air pockets.
- 9Start checking at 25 minutes to prevent burning on the bottom and sides.
- 10Keep checking every 5-10 minutes depending on the wetness of the tester.
- 11If at 25 minutes the cake still wiggles when you open the door then you may need the full 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best White Cake
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 307.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g