Recipe by green_sleeves
A melt in your mouth cookie that disappears fast! I always make lots of these and store ( hide! ) in the freezer. They freeze well for over a month tightly sealed. Very pretty on a plate if you use assorted coloured cherried. You could dip half the cookie in melted chocolate for something a bit different if you want to omit the cherries.
- 1 lb salted butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or scraped seeds from a vanilla pod)
- candied cherry, for decoration (or maraschino)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and icing sugar. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour and cornstarch together and slowly add to mixing bowl.
- Mix on high speed for 10 minutes.
- Chill until slightly firm'.
- Roll into small balls, put on parchment lined baking sheets and flatten a bit with two fingers. Add half a cherry on each cookie for decoration.
- Bake at 325* for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Carefully place on cooling rack.