Recipe by Frenchy's
My husband and I try to stay away from potato chips so our favorite snack for years has been tortilla chips and salsa. We have been all up and down the east coast to the west coast Mexico and currently we like in Germany, and have tried various salsas! Someone introduced me to this recipe, I was reluctant at first because it has bacon and bacon fat in it so it’s not as healthy as normal, but compared to chips and dip it’s still healthier! Now I do love cold salsa but this works well because its cold here and goes nice when curled up on the couch!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (14 ounce) canhunt's diced roasted garlic tomatoes (or any flavor is good)
- 1⁄8 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄8 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 of a jalapeno (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- cook bacon till farily crispy, remove and reserve about half of bacon fat and drippings.
- add all onions to dripping brown
- then add tomatoes, salt, pepper and jalapenos if you wish. simmer for about 5 minutes
- then add crumbled bacon strips back to the mixture, serve warm!
- If you have leftovers make sure to heat them back up as the bacon fat with harden when cold.