Recipe by forampen
These will be the best veggie burgers you will ever eat! You will never ever go back to soy burgers again!!
- 4 -6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds (round buns you get everywhere, you can use plain but sesame seeds give an excellent flavor)
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 bunch string bean, chopped in medium pieces
- 2 carrots, chopped in medium pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger paste, you can use more if you like (fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons green chilies, paste (the dark green medium sized kind you get)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated cabbage (u can get creative and use multicolor here ( purple and green)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream (optional)
- 1 sliced tomatoes (round)
- 1 sliced onion (round)
- 1 sliced cucumber (round)
- mustard or honey mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes till soft, peel off skin and mash them in a big bowl.
- Boil the peas, carrots and string beans till soft and add to mashed potatoes and mash the whole mixture well.
- Add the ginger and green chilly paste. Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Make round patties by scooping up handfuls and shaping them and place on a dish covered with foil. Cover the patties with foil after done.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned in a big bowl till well incorporated.
- Keep aside in refrigerator.
- Now take a flat skillet, heat it, pour a small amount of oil on it and place the patties to cook.
- Lower heat to medium and cook on both sides till golden brown.
- (Note: For this step, you can also roll the patties in breadcrumbs before cooking).
- Take a burger bun, place it on the skillet and lightly heat on both side till it shows some color.
- Take a dish, place the bottom half of the bun on it, and spread some mustard and mayonnaise on it. Put a couple of lettuce leaves on top of it.
- Now place the cooked patty on it.
- On the patty, put some coleslaw and place one or two slices each of tomato, onion and cucumber.
- Close the top of the bun and take a BIG JUICY bite!
- These should be served with ketchup and fries on the side. The patties are good enough to eat as is also, if you do not want to make a burger.
- These are the best burgers you will eat, both juicy and flavorful unlike the dry patties you get elsewhere.