6 hrs 30 mins
Chef #400407's Note:
We fell in love with this one, even my eleven year old ate every bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 lb dried split peas, picked over and rinsed
- 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1Place water, bay leaves, bullion and peas in crockpot.
- 2Cook for 5 hours or until peas have broken down and are smooth when stirred.
- 3Season with salt, pepper, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- 4Place butter in skillet and saute onions for 2 minutes.
- 5Simmer for another hour.
- 6Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- 7Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- 8Stir in the cream.
- 9Add the hot sauce if desired and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Vegetarian Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 1435.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: