Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a modified version of a recipe here called The Best Chili You Will Ever Taste (http://www.recipezaar.com/The-Best-Chili-You-Will-Ever-Taste-73166). Thanks for this terrific recipe! This vegetarian version is delicious! Cook longer if you like. Reheats very well.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 1/4 ounce) bottle Guinness draught
- 1 cup coffee
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Cook onions, garlic, and Recipe Crumbles until brown.
- Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste, and vegetable broth.
- Add spices.
- Stir in kidney beans.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add pinto and black beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.
I made this about a month or so ago and I used crumbled tempeh instead of the grillers. This recipe was delicious! The depth of flavor cannot be duplicated by other chili recipes that I've tried. Making another pot of this today! Thanks for the recipe!