Recipe by White Rose Child
Modified from "Fast and Fun Food" by Karen Claffey. Many have said this is the best tzatziki they've ever had- not knowing it was made with tofu!
Top Review by sarahubasics
Lovely. Very tasty even though I used dry dill. Like everyone elses' mine was quite thin. I added corn starch, but that didn't help much. Maybe it will be better tomorrow. I used it on Recipe #232944 and as a dip for Recipe #171352. Made for team SSaSSy, ZWT6 ZINGO. Thanks for posting, I love that it does not use mayo!
- 12 1⁄3 ounces firm silken tofu (this is one package of Mori-Nu)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the seeds out of the cucumber (you don't have to be too picky about this!), and finely chop or grate it.
- Put the tofu, cucumber, lemon juice and salt in a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Taste for lemon and salt. Stir in the dill.
- Pour into a serving bowl and enjoy chilled or at room temperature. Besides being a great dip for veggies or tomato slices, it's wonderful on Tofu Gyros.
- Keeps well for 1 week. You may want to add a tablespoon or so of water the next day, as it tends to thicken slightly.