1/5 Photos of The Best Twice Baked Potatoes
1 hr 25 mins
My husband did not like twice baked potatoes until I made these. They are great. I'm adjusting the milk quantity in this recipe because of some of feedback I've got from people that have made them. Hope it helps with some of the consistency problems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub potatoes with peanut oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper Bake potatoes in 350 degree oven for 1 hour (may be more depending on size of potato) While potatoes are baking cook bacon in large skillet over med high heat until evenly brown.
- 2Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 3(May use packaged bacon bits) When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- 4Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl, saving skins.
- 5Add to the potato flesh the sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions.
- 6Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Add additional milk if needed.
- 7Spoon mixture into the potato skins.
- 8Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- 9Bake for another 15 minutes, uncovered.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 376.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g