My husband did not like twice baked potatoes until I made these. They are great. I'm adjusting the milk quantity in this recipe because of some of feedback I've got from people that have made them. Hope it helps with some of the consistency problems.
- Rub potatoes with peanut oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper Bake potatoes in 350 degree oven for 1 hour (may be more depending on size of potato) While potatoes are baking cook bacon in large skillet over med high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- (May use packaged bacon bits) When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl, saving skins.
- Add to the potato flesh the sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions.
- Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Add additional milk if needed.
- Spoon mixture into the potato skins.
- Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, uncovered.