Recipe by SammieP23
i decided to make a meat loaf one night and we took things that were in a out of the house and came out with this!! and it turned out to be the best meat loaf my family and i have ever had. and now i hope its yours too!! (P.S. my mom told me to double the whole recipe because she wanted to share it with the rest of our family)<---- this should give a hint on how great it tastes ;]
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup herb sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced (depends on how much you love garlic)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- pre heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- spray 9x 13 pan with cooking spray (i chose this pan so the whole loaf gets a browning, insted of a standard loaf pan).
- in a lagge bowl, stir together bread crumbs, basil, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, egg whites, egg yolks, milk, queso fresco cheese, salt, pepper, and water.
- add turkey and mix with hands.
- (optional) wrap loaf in plastic wrap so it has ends on each side to swing and make the loaf shape. (it would look like how a mint is wrapped) >O< [ ^ this is what the meat loaf should look like] then unwrap and place in pan.
- OR make your meat loaf in to a loaf shape and place in pan.
- place pan in oven and bake until an inserted thermometer reads 165 degrees, about 45 mins- to an hour.
- when you open the oven to check temp, take extra virgin olive oil and brush on top. put back in oven for an extra 5mins to get a nice brown color.