D. Rose's Note:
Years ago, there was a deli in the town I worked and everyday faithfully, I would stop there for the Tuna sandwich (which was the best ever!) I became friends with the older lady that always worked the deli and she gave me the recipe. I will never forget what she told me.."The more colors in your Tuna, the better the flavor" sadly, the deli went out of business, but I never forgot her recipe. This tuna has lots of veggies in it, but if you dice them very small, it's so good! Remember, Tuna is a finicky meal.. too much mayo makes it watery and too little makes it dry and fishy.. be sure to use your best judgement and liking. (This recipe makes a lot) you can lessen it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain tuna very well and add to large bowl
- 2dice all of the above very small as indicated and add to tuna.
- 3I add about 3 -4 heaping kitchen sized tablespoons of Mayo into the tuna you may have to add a little more or a little less based on your preference
- 4add a few shakes of black pepper and salt (opt).
- 5Chill in airtight container in fridge. The longer you let it chill, the better the flavor. This can be served on pretty much any kind of bread. My personal favorite, onion rolls or seedless rye!
- 6Hope you enjoy & agree this is one of the best Tuna Sandwiches!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Tuna Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 692.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 27.3 g