Recipe by Bernadette Irr
We have been eating this for years. I think I got the recipe from a very old (1960's) Campbell's soup cookbook. It is one of those that you just don't forget, because you will never have a Tuna Casserole as good as this.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked.
- 6 ounces pimientos
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain oil from tuna in a separate bowl.
- Mix oil from the tuna with the cooked macaroni.
- Add minced onion and the rest of the ingredients, except the cheddar cheese and tuna. Mix well.
- Add cheddar cheese and tuna.
- Mix lightly.
- Pour into a glass casserole dish and microwave for 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.