Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is SO GOOD! It's a moist, rich, sweet and yummy cake, made with a simple sauce that is poured over it, and slowly seeps into it. Leaving you with heaven in every bite. "Tres Leche" means three milks therefor, this cake has three different types of milk: condensed, evaporated and regular milk. The top of the cake is ugly, because you have to poke holes in it, so I like to top it with whipped topping, and berries. Try it!
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59-473.18 ml whipped topping (optional)
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, and water in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased Large baking pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minute or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan heat up the three milks, and whisk until well combined.
- Take the cake out of the oven, and let it cool for 15-20 minute Once cool you can take either a tooth pick, or a fork and poke many holes into the cake.
- Slowly pour milk mixture over the cake, so it seeps in through the holes. Let it sit until all milk is absorbed, and thenplace in the refrigerator until cold.(at least 1-2 hours or overnight).
- Top with whipped topping, and enjoy!
So easy and so yummy! I used a white cake mix instead of yellow since the tres leche cake I had in Mexico was white but I think this would be good with almost any flavor of cake. I also added a layer of strawberries between the cake and the whipped cream. I didn't follow the measurements for the milk exactly I just dumped the cans of condensed and evaporated milk in and used the smaller one as a measurement for the normal milk and it turned out just fine. Such an easy way to make a wonderful desert!
This is good, but I think I'd like one with a homemade cake base better and real whip cream on top better. This one tasted kind of chemically.
This recipe was perfect - a quick, easy way to make tres leches cake! Yummy!!