1/1 Photo of The Best Tres Leches Cake
2 hrs 20 mins
This is SO GOOD! It's a moist, rich, sweet and yummy cake, made with a simple sauce that is poured over it, and slowly seeps into it. Leaving you with heaven in every bite. "Tres Leche" means three milks therefor, this cake has three different types of milk: condensed, evaporated and regular milk. The top of the cake is ugly, because you have to poke holes in it, so I like to top it with whipped topping, and berries. Try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the cake mix, eggs, and water in a large bowl.
- 2Pour into a greased Large baking pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minute or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan heat up the three milks, and whisk until well combined.
- 4Take the cake out of the oven, and let it cool for 15-20 minute Once cool you can take either a tooth pick, or a fork and poke many holes into the cake.
- 5Slowly pour milk mixture over the cake, so it seeps in through the holes. Let it sit until all milk is absorbed, and thenplace in the refrigerator until cold.(at least 1-2 hours or overnight).
- 6Top with whipped topping, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Tres Leches Cake
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 290.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g