Recipe by DDW
Winter's coming and there's nothing better on a cold snowy night than a good Tom & Jerry! After trying several other batters we have determined this one is the best - the marshmallow cream is what makes it. The batter will last for several days. Some separation will happen but you can mix it up and it will be fine.
Top Review by Niteflyer
Well I have tried alot of Tom and Jerry's in my life and this is clearly by far the BEST!! Made exactly as stated and wouldn't change a thing. I put in a half shot of rum and a half shot of either apricot or peach brandy and it is awesome!! Thanks for the Best T & J recipe!!
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate the 6 eggs Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and light colored.
- Stir in the marshmallow cream with a wooden spoon.
- Fold egg white mixture into egg yolks.
- Refridgerate all leftovers.
- To make a Tom& Jerry.
- Boil water.
- Spoon several heaping tablespoons of batter into a mug.
- Pour a shot of R&B (rum/brandy mix) or about 1/2 a shot each of rum and brandy.
- (Or whatever amount you care for.) Pour hot water into the mug until fill.
- The batter will rise to the top.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.