Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Winter's coming and there's nothing better on a cold snowy night than a good Tom & Jerry! After trying several other batters we have determined this one is the best - the marshmallow cream is what makes it. The batter will last for several days. Some separation will happen but you can mix it up and it will be fine.
- Separate the 6 eggs Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and light colored.
- Stir in the marshmallow cream with a wooden spoon.
- Fold egg white mixture into egg yolks.
- Refridgerate all leftovers.
- To make a Tom& Jerry.
- Boil water.
- Spoon several heaping tablespoons of batter into a mug.
- Pour a shot of R&B (rum/brandy mix) or about 1/2 a shot each of rum and brandy.
- (Or whatever amount you care for.) Pour hot water into the mug until fill.
- The batter will rise to the top.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Well I have tried alot of Tom and Jerry's in my life and this is clearly by far the BEST!! Made exactly as stated and wouldn't change a thing. I put in a half shot of rum and a half shot of either apricot or peach brandy and it is awesome!! Thanks for the Best T & J recipe!!
this was wonderful!! a lot cheaper to make than paying $8.oo plus for the same thing! yummier too! the boyfriend and i both thoroughly enjoyed this!! thanks for posting DDW!
I grew up with Tom and Jerry's every Christmas Eve. The water was boiling all day as friends dropped by for the traditional Tom and Jerry. Bill Saal Tom and Jerry batter stopped being sold in the stores and ever since we have been trying to recreate it. This is by far the best and most like the original. Thanks!