Just follow the steps (as if your life depended on it) and your tiramisu will be better than Olive Garden, Carabba's, Macaroni Grill and maybe even your grandma's! Recipe is from Italian Dessert Recipes.com - Lisa Wear
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers (approx 24 ladyfingers total)
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, dust
- 1 ounce square semisweet chocolate, shaved
- 1To start I chill the bowl I will be whipping the cream in***
- 2Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler. I do this over boiling water.
- 3Reduce heat to low.
- 4Cook for about 10 minutes and don't go anywhere! Stir it constantly.
- 5Remove the mixture from heat and whip the yolks until its thick.
- 6Add the mascarpone to the whipped yolks.
- 7Beat until combined.
- 8Pull your chilled bowl out of fridge and whip the cream until the stiff peaks are formed.
- 9Gently fold into yolk mixture and set aside.
- 10Split the lady fingers in half. (Here's my Ladyfingers Recipe).
- 11Line the bottom and sides of your serving bowl with the ladyfingers.
- 12Brush the lady fingers with the Kahlua or your substitution.
- 13Spoon half of the cream filling over the lady fingers.
- 14Now you are going to layer - using ladyfingers, brushed Kahlua and filling.
- 15Keep going till you run out of lady fingers.
- 16The top layer of filling is finished off with cocoa or chocolate curls.(Or both!)
- 17BIG SUCCESS HINT: "Ya gotta refrigerate several hours or overnight to get the flavors to mingle! ".
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Tiramisu Recipe - Really!
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 161.9 mg
- Sodium 39.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: