Recipe by Wendelina
Just follow the steps (as if your life depended on it) and your tiramisu will be better than Olive Garden, Carabba's, Macaroni Grill and maybe even your grandma's! Recipe is from Italian Dessert Recipes.com - Lisa Wear
Top Review by tarapea
Just made this last night and tried it today and yes it IS the best I have ever had. I gave some to a friend to try and she said she ate a tiramisu in the Bahamas and didn't care for it but this one she loved. I ate 3 slices in one day lol
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers (approx 24 ladyfingers total)
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, dust
- 1 ounce square semisweet chocolate, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- To start I chill the bowl I will be whipping the cream in***
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler. I do this over boiling water.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook for about 10 minutes and don't go anywhere! Stir it constantly.
- Remove the mixture from heat and whip the yolks until its thick.
- Add the mascarpone to the whipped yolks.
- Beat until combined.
- Pull your chilled bowl out of fridge and whip the cream until the stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold into yolk mixture and set aside.
- Split the lady fingers in half. (Here's my Ladyfingers Recipe).
- Line the bottom and sides of your serving bowl with the ladyfingers.
- Brush the lady fingers with the Kahlua or your substitution.
- Spoon half of the cream filling over the lady fingers.
- Now you are going to layer - using ladyfingers, brushed Kahlua and filling.
- Keep going till you run out of lady fingers.
- The top layer of filling is finished off with cocoa or chocolate curls.(Or both!)
- BIG SUCCESS HINT: "Ya gotta refrigerate several hours or overnight to get the flavors to mingle! ".