Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sweet but Spicy, Simple and Quick!
Make and share this The Best Tilapia recipe from Food.com.
- 5 -6 filets tilapia fillets
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Rinse filets and pat semi dry.
- Combine rest of ingredients in bowl.
- Rub mixture onto filets.
- Place in greased pan (if using oven,)bake at 375 for 15mins.
- otherwise place on oiled grill rack or in broiler for 3-5 minutes.
This recipe was great! I used honey in place of the brown sugar, and a touch of chili powder in place of the cumin and was very pleased with the resulting sweet/spicy flavor.
I did not like this at all. My family would not eat it. it was to sweet (all you tasted was brown sugar) at first and then it was to hot and not the yummy kind of hot. Maybe I did something wronge, but i don't think im going to attempt at it again.