Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really good - you can change, substitute, mix..the vegetables...to whatever you have on hand.
Make and share this The Best Thai Red Chicken Curry Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into small strips
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 4 fresh Thai basil (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium and cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and garlic then cook, stirring, for about 1 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt then bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and reduce heat and simmer until vegetable are soft.
- Squeeze lime juice over chicken then add chicken and basil to the pot.
- Cook until chicken is completely cooked.
- Serve over Jasmine Rice.
This was actually milder than I thought it would be. Very tasty and easy to throw together after doing the chopping. I changed the veg based on what hubby will eat, so snow peas, red pepper, onion, carrot, and bean sprouts. I thickened the sauce with guar before serving. While I agree this would be wonderful over rice, since I carb count I ate it as is. Might serve on cauliflower fake rice next time. I did use splenda and just a touch of black strap molasses rather than sugar. Thanks for sharing.
This was really delicious! I took off a star only because I tweaked it some for our own tastes and because of what vegetables I had. I doubled most everything because I had a pound of chicken. I added some cilantro at the end along with the zest of the lime. This was great and I will definitely make again!
What a wonderful curry. We enjoyed this dish very much. For the vegetables I used, sweet onions, carrotes, red pepper slices and potatoes. They were excellent in this dish. Loved the bright bold raw flavors. Thanks so much for sharing a recipe that I will make again.