Recipe by aHomeInMi
This is a sweet & sour version of Texas Caviar...Even my husband who really doesen't like anything with beans devours this recipe!!!! m Just try it you will NOT be dissapointed!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 large chopped purple onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bag Tostitos Scoops
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients then add chopped onion & green pepper.
- Meanwhile bring to a boil (stirring constantly) vinegar, oil & sugar.
- pour hot mixture over beans.
- refrigerate at lwast 2 hours (overnight is better).
- drain before serving.
- serve with Tostitos Scoops.