1/5 Photos of The Best Teriyaki Beef Jerky
6 hrs 20 mins
I am a beef jerky lover. I noticed that Recipezaar does not have too many choices and when I look for ones using Google, it is overwhelming to find one out of millions.....So I decided to create my own and let me tell you...this is the best jerky I have ever had and am glad I can share it with all of you. Plus, this was made in a conventional oven! Please let me know your thoughts by commenting after you make it. Thank you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs beef flank steak (or cut of your choice, just ensure you trim the fat)
- 2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 bamboo skewers
- aluminum foil
- 1Flash freeze beef for 20 minutes on cookie sheet during ingredient mixture.
- 2Mix ingredients in extra large bowl with whisk until completely blended.
- 3If beef is more than one inch thick, slice across to create equal thickness.
- 4Cut beef between 1/8 - 1/ 4 inch thick slices, in addition to trimming as much fat off the meat as possible.
- 5Incorporate beef into ingredients to cover.
- 6Marinate beef overnight.
- 7Pat dry beef slices and skewer beef onto bamboo, ensuring small space between slices for thorough dryness and leaving one inch on each end.
- 8Hang beef skewers across oven rack so beef hangs freely.
- 9Cover entire oven rack with skewers of meat.
- 10Place aluminum foil on oven rack #2 at very bottom of oven to help catch drippings.
- 11Set oven to lowest temperature (170 degrees in my case) and leave door ajar on hinge, letting beef sit for approximately 5-6 hours or until dry.
- 12Check beef a few times throughout to ensure it is not actually baking, but simply drying out.
- 13Once finished,
- 14Let beef skewers rest for 10 minutes after drying, and then remove skewers from oven rack and let sit on tray until cool.
- 15Remove beef strips from skewers and store them in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Teriyaki Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (3726 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2020.0
- Calories from Fat 640
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 612.3 mg
- Sodium 15416.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 74.2 g
- Protein 228.3 g