1/3 Photos of The Best Tasting Grilled Pizza
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
polly salama's Note:
This is by far the best tasting pizza I have ever had. The crust is so good. We used smoke flavored chips on the charcoal and it added to the great flavors. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7.08 g envelope active dry yeast
- 158.51 ml water (110-115 degrees)
- 473.18-709.77 ml flour
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 9.85 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil, plus extra for brushing and kneading
- 2.46 ml sugar, for the topping
- cheese, any that you like
- 236.59 ml pizza sauce (or any sauce that you like, it's up to you!) or 236.59 ml alfredo sauce (or any sauce that you like, it's up to you!) or 236.59 ml garlic, sauce (or any sauce that you like, it's up to you!)
- 1For the dough: in a medium bowl, combine the yeast sugar and water.
- 2Whisk until all the yeast is melted.
- 3Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- 4Add two cups of the flour, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil.
- 5Stir with your hands until the dough holds together.
- 6Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled surface (use oil not flour as it lends a crunchier crust). Knead until the dough is smooth about 8-10 minutes.
- 7Shape into a ball and let stand in an oiled bowl covered in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 8Punch down the dough and transfer again to a lightly oiled surface.
- 9Divide the dough into to equal pieces.
- 10Stretch the dough with your hands until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick.
- 11Slide the dough to a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- 12Slide the dough onto the grill and cook uncovered directly over a medium heat until the grill marks are clearly visible.
- 13Brush the dough with olive oil.
- 14The crust may bubble but that is ok as it will deflate as you turn it.
- 15Turn the dough and brush again with olive oil.
- 16Top first with your cheese choice as the cheese will melt evenly being put on first.
- 17Next add you sauce and then toppings.
- 18Grill for about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- 19It is best after you add the toppings to close the grill and view every three minutes until the cheese is melted.
- 20I did not specify a quantity for the cheese as everyone likes different amounts of cheese.
- 21Let the pizza rest a few minutes before cutting it.
- 22I added minced garlic to my olive oil for brushing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Tasting Grilled Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g