Recipe by Starving_Student_
I first came across this delicious soup by way of my step-mom when I was 9. Since then I have made it more than 100 times, and each time it has improved. Now after 11 years of making this soup, I finally got the recipe just perfect! It' always best to modify this recipe to suit your tastes.
- 1 lb hamburger meat or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 -4 garlic clove, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 a green pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) canof diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- cayenne pepper
- cilantro, for garnish
- grated cheese, for garnish
- tortilla chips, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot or dutch oven, saute onion, garlic, carrot, and green pepper. Season veggies with salt and pepper. When the onion is translucent, add hamburger meat and cook until browned.
- Dump all the cans into the pot. Do not drain the beans or corn, as they add flavor and liquid to the soup.
- Add taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix, and other spices. Taste as you go!
- Let cook together for at least 20 minutes. Serve with desired garnishes.
- This soup freezes well and lasts for over a week in the fridge. It only gets better the more it sits!