Recipe by loopiegal
This is a recipe my mom made and we all love it! I have made a few updates to our classic family Taco Salad and tweaked it to my likings, feel free to tweak it to yours!
Top Review by kellychris
This IS THE BEST TACO SALAD EVER!! I wasn't sure I would like the avocados, but when everything is mixed together it is FABULOUS!! My DD described it as,"AMAZING". And Do Not skimp on the green onions, they definitely add an extra "umph" to the salad.My MIL LOVED THIS!! Thanks so much!! Made for BB Tag,2011.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup grated cheese, of choice
- 8 ounces black beans
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives (smallest can)
- 1 cup diced green onion
- 2 peeled and cut avocados
- 2 cups crushed Doritos
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- Mix ranch dressing with mayo and milk in a jar and chill until salad is ready.
- Brown and drain meat.
- Add taco seasoning mix and follow instructions on package.
- Put seasoned meat in a glass bowl, cover and chill about 20 min, stirring once.
- Wash and cut lettuce.
- Drain beans and olives.
- Toss lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avacados, beans and olives in a large salad bowl.
- Put about 2 cups salad mix into serving bowls and add 1/4 cup seasoned meat,a few pinches of cheese and top with crushed Doritos and 2 tbls ranch dressing.