Recipe by SAsweetie
I love to take this to BBQ's or to Pot Lucks. I always get asked for the recipe. It's so simple - this is a great one for first time cooks! Your family will love this one!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Frito corn chips
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground meat over medium heat.
- While your meat is browning, cut up your veggies and place them in a large salad bowl.
- When your meat is nearly done, add the package of taco seasoning according to directions.
- While your meat is cooking in the taco seasoning, drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Add the beans, cheese and chips to the salad bowl.
- Add the meat and 1/2 of the bottle of dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve with cornbread and extra dressing on the side for those who want it.
- Goes great with Margaritas!