Recipe by faith58
I got this recipe out of a school cookbook and now take this to parties as everyone asks, Are you bringing your taco salad. I make the meat the night before and mix everything else right before it is served. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :)
Top Review by Acerast
Another simple and delicious recipe! I've been teaching my teens to cook and turned to your recipes because I remembered that you have some great recipes that please that age group! DS#2 (age 17) made this one and was quite proud of himself. Now he wants to make it for his friends when they come over! This recipe will be in his "on my own" recipe box when he leaves home next year. Thanks Faith58.
- 907.18 g hamburger
- 2 (70.87 g) package taco seasoning
- onion, cut up
- 2 tomatoes
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese (I use 8 oz bag and use the whole bag)
- dorito tortilla chips
- western French dressing, i use the largest size and sometimes add a touch more from a smaller bottle
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 2 pounds of hamburger the night before you will eat this then add the 2 packages of taco seasoning.
- Right before you eat it add your cut up onion, lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, I crunch the dorito's in the bag and then add the western dressing.
- It is the best taco salad you will ever eat.
- I put 8 hours for the time that I chilled the hamburger meat and taco seasoning.