Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe out of a school cookbook and now take this to parties as everyone asks, Are you bringing your taco salad. I make the meat the night before and mix everything else right before it is served. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :)
- 907.18 g hamburger
- 2 (70.87 g) package taco seasoning
- onion, cut up
- 2 tomatoes
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese (I use 8 oz bag and use the whole bag)
- dorito tortilla chips
- western French dressing, i use the largest size and sometimes add a touch more from a smaller bottle
- Cook 2 pounds of hamburger the night before you will eat this then add the 2 packages of taco seasoning.
- Right before you eat it add your cut up onion, lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, I crunch the dorito's in the bag and then add the western dressing.
- It is the best taco salad you will ever eat.
- I put 8 hours for the time that I chilled the hamburger meat and taco seasoning.
Another simple and delicious recipe! I've been teaching my teens to cook and turned to your recipes because I remembered that you have some great recipes that please that age group! DS#2 (age 17) made this one and was quite proud of himself. Now he wants to make it for his friends when they come over! This recipe will be in his "on my own" recipe box when he leaves home next year. Thanks Faith58.
I can't believe I haven't tried this recipe.........to think you posted it in 2005 !
I made it for supper tonight and it was really good. DH really liked it, but I may leave the meat mixture hot next time and add it when we make the salad, as he likes it that way.(Of course that would not work if making the whole salad at once for a crowd.)
Thanks for a great meal Faith.........thought of you with every bite....HA ! Donna
Jan this is a wonderful taco salad, the best we have had so far! So easy and quick to put together too. I did goof, bought plain tortilla chips and they were good in the salad but the flavored chips would add that little zip. Used a 16 ounce bottle of Western dressing and it was perfect for us! Thanks again sweetie for the fantastic recipe!