Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking online for a taco pizza recipe. I found a bunch, but didn't like just one. So I put together this recipe, and it is awesome!!!! Everything works well together. My husband said that this pizza was better than any pizza place!! Wow what a compliment!
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) boxjiffy pizza crust mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced olives
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- taco sauce (medium)
- For the crust add cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder to the crust mixture and prepare as directed on box.
- press crust on a round pizza pan(Make sure to press the dough up the side of the pan), bake at 425 degrees for 10 minute
- in a skillet cook onion and hamburger until no longer pink. Add 2 packets of taco seasoning, and diced tomatoes. Let simmer for about 10 minute.
- On crust spread refried beans, then meat mixture, then olives, and then mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 min or until the cheese turns a light brown.
- Top with chips, lettuce, and taco sauce( or whatever toppings you like).
This was so good and so, so filling. I could not even eat a whole slice. I used recipe #15194 for the crust with the added seasoning per this recipe and it was just wonderful. I think next time I'll do as Whats4supper suggested and use the Rotel in place of the diced tomatoes for added flavor. Used Chili Fritos as that was all I had. Worked well. Thanks. Great Pizza that we both enjoyed. Made for "Let's Party 2011.
Seriously. The best taco pizza! I have made this many times, and my family all love it. I basically follow the recipe with a couple of revisions. I make the dough on a cookie sheet, so it is thinner. After greasing the pan, I sprinkle corn meal on the pan before spreading the dough. When mixing the meat, I only use 1/2 packet of taco season and then I use diced tomatoes with green chilies to add flavor. I don't use the whole can of beans or all the meat. Definitely awesome pizza! Thanks for the recipe!