Recipe by DancingPanda
I got this recipe from a book from the Art Gallery of Windsor - with some modifications it is one of my favourites and one I'm asked to make again and again. The lettuce and onion are optional in my mind
Top Review by lazyme
Yummy! This was a simple and great tasting dip. I made pretty much as directed except that I used green onions instead of red, and a Mexican blend cheese. Thanks Dancing Panda for a nice treat. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce or 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ingredients beginning with the cream cheese and ending with the cumin powder.
- Spread flat in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Sread taco sauce or salso over the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle and layer vegetables and cheese in the above order. Chill and serve with taco chips.