Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a book from the Art Gallery of Windsor - with some modifications it is one of my favourites and one I'm asked to make again and again. The lettuce and onion are optional in my mind
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce or 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Mix the ingredients beginning with the cream cheese and ending with the cumin powder.
- Spread flat in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Sread taco sauce or salso over the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle and layer vegetables and cheese in the above order. Chill and serve with taco chips.
Yummy! This was a simple and great tasting dip. I made pretty much as directed except that I used green onions instead of red, and a Mexican blend cheese. Thanks Dancing Panda for a nice treat. Made for Fall PAC 2009.