This recipe will make your eyes roll back in your head if you are a sweet potato lover. If you don't like sweet potatoes, it will make a believer out of you (it did for me!). You simply have to try this recipe before you give up on sweet potatoes. There is nothing healthy about this recipe, but it is just so darn good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F), and butter an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- 2Drain sweet potatoes and set aside.
- 3In medium sauce pan over low heat, combine butter, 2 cups marshmallows, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir frequently to prevent sticking, until the marshmallows are melted (about 5 minutes).
- 4Stir sweet potatoes into the marshmallow mixture, and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake about 15 minutes.
- 6Remove pan from oven, sprinkle the reserved 1 cup of marshmallows over the top, and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are puffed and golden.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Sweet Potatoes Ever
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.6
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 101.6 mg
- Sodium 438.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g