1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is one of the simplest you'll find, and the yummiest for sure! (It's sweet enough to be a dessert.) I have not met one person who did not love this. The sweetened condensed milk is what makes this recipe. See my note on how to cook the sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
large h ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed (see note at bottom of recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1Combine all ingredients except ingredients for topping and pour into a 9x13-inch pan.
- 2Make the topping: combine all ingredients until everything is mixed well.
- 3Sprinkle topping over sweet potato mixture.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. (Topping should be set and sort of melted into the sweet potatoes to form a crispy but flat top.).
- 5*NOTE: To cook the sweet potatoes, fill a large pot with water and put the sweet potatoes in; turn on stove to HIGH. Once the water comes to a boil, turn down heat and let boil with lid on for 30-35 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork. Once they cool a little it should be easy to peel them.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.3
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 385.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 93.0 g
- Protein 11.6 g