Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This came from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking and is much better than anything I've created on my own. The sauce is thick and gooy and goes well with so many things.
- 236.59 ml pineapple juice
- 78.07 ml water
- 44.37 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Pour over chicken, meatballs, smoked sausage, veggies, etc.
Just what I was looking for! Easy and quick and delicious! Thanks!
Not quite the right color, but the taste is great if you increase the brown sugar a bit. Desperately needed this recipe when I found a recipe that called for sweet and sour sauce. This recipe saved the day. May decrease the cornstarch a bit...but it was a lifesaver!
Perfect! the only thing I did different was after it was thick, I tasted it and I added a touch more white wine vinager maybe a tsp or so. LOVED it and will make again! Thanks for sharing.