Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just tossed this together this morning... ohhh, it came out so yummy! The cooking time for this is weird: you prep as you go for this since you are using fresh veggies.... I didn't chop or grate or anything until I used it...I just grabbed as I went and it came out delicious!
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini (green)
- 1⁄2 medium yellow squash
- 1⁄2 medium carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 -6 ounces tofu (1/2 oackage)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (Shoyu)
- 1 slice sun-dried tomato
- fresh spinach (about 2 small to medium bunches)
- heat oil in pan with onion(I reconstituted organic dry minced), salt and pepper over medium heat.
- While heating, chop up zucchini and squash, toss in pan with onioin and S & P mix.
- Cut the 1/2 carrot in half, shred one part and chop the other, toss in pan.
- Stir a little to make sure nothing is sticking.
- In ICE COLD water liven up your spinach -- if it's wilted a bit, don't worry (mine was wilted too), it will become crisp in ICE COLD water, not to mention clean it up too!
- Grab your garlic clove and grate it into the pan -- go ahead toss the end in there too!
- Grab that piece of sun-dried tomato, put it in a cup of water and micro it for about 30-45 secs -- make it easier to cut and --
- At this time use some, just a bit, of water from softening the tomato to loosen up your pan -- adds great flavor and your not wasting perfectly good water!
- Chop up tomato and toss that in the pan too.
- Have your Tofu pressed of water and ready. Crumble up the tofu and put in the center of pan.
- Add Nutritional Yeast (I used about 2 1/2 tbsp -- I like the cheesy texture).
- Let sit for about 3-5 min, then stir up for Nut. yeast to mix in really good.
- Add 1-3 tsp of Shoyu sauce.
- Continue to cook for about 5 minute.
- Run your knife into spinach for a coarse chop, if you want the stems in that is fine (I left a few in myself).
- Put the spinach in on top of everything and cover for 2-5 minutes -- it will steam it a bit -- you will be surprised how crisp it stays after having ICED it.
- Stir up just prior to serving.