Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've tried many stuffing recipes, but this has become my family's favorite for its simple yet tasty flavors
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed whole wheat bread
- 3 3⁄4 cups cubed sourdough bread or 3 3⁄4 cups potato bread
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium apple, cored & chopped
- 3⁄4 cup craisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast breadcubes for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the celery, onion, until translucent. Add the apple and herbs. Cook sausage separately, and add to the onion mix. Add the broth, and cook until all comes to a boil
- Add celery & onion mixture to the bread cubes. Stir to combine.
- Bake at 350° until done.
Made it last year, and I'm making it again this year. My crowd loved it!
Craisins are dried cranberries
I use a very similar recipe for my stuffing but instead of raisens or craisens I use dried cranberries which had a little zing and color. A very yummy stuffing.