Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Guests actually wait for these to come out of the oven.
- 24 large mushrooms (stems removed)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1 can crabmeat or 1 cup imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (or more)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- mix all ingredients together and stuff washed mushroom caps.
- place on cookie sheet.
- bake at 450 degrees F 20 minutes or until tops are browned.
The guests loved them! They are pretty rich, so watch how many you eat. Next time I may use reduced fat cream cheese.
I added some feta for extra flavor the first time I made them. They weren't on the plate more than 5 minutes before they disappeared. I had to send my husband to the store for the stuff to make more, right in the middle of the bbq! Huge thanks!
Beautiful presentation, nice mixture of ingredients but just needed a littke zip (just my taste preference). I used portobello medium sized mushrooms and because they are flatter it took only 15 minutes To add a bit of zip I served Szechuan spicey sauce drizzled over top just before serving. Thank-you Deco Lady I'll make these again