Recipe by Country Cook in Oklahoma
This pie combines two of my favorite's..a coconut crust filled with a beautiful strawberry filling. It's easy and delish!!! I got this recipe from a lady at a Strawberry festival, if you like coconut and strawberries..you will love this. Pie is a beautiful pink and white when finished and makes an impressive presentation.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup clarified butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine coconut and butter in a small bowl. Put in a 9 inch greased pie pan and press to bottom and up the sides. Bake at 300 for 30-35 mins or until golden brown. Cover edges of crust with foil loosely to prevent over baking. Cool crust on wire rack.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a large bowl and let stand 15 minutes In a small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in lemon juice. Pour into strawberry mixture. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before slicing. Top each slice with a fresh strawberry and sprig of mint at presentation if you desire.