Recipe by JessyMontanari
I found this recipe on allrecipes a year or so ago. And it have been a favorite in my house ever since. Summer is coming and you will truly love this recipe. Everyone always asks for it for holiday's too. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 cups chopped yellow squash
- 3 cups crumbled prepared cornbread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 egg
- 0.5 (26 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Place squash in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- In a bowl, mix cooked squash, cornbread, onion, celery, sugar, egg, soup, margarine, and 1/2 cup cheese. Season with sage, salt, and pepper. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes in preheated oven. Put remaining cheese on top, and continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.