Recipe by Mary Anne
My mom got this recipe from a friend, and it has quickly become a family favorite. Delicious!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I was looking for a new salad recipe to take to Easter dinner at my in-law's house. This one looked interesting, and I wasn't disappointed. I sprinkled a little brown sugar over the "crispies" as they were sauteeing. I also added some ginger to the dressing and mandarin oranges to the salad. Everyone really enjoyed this salad. Thanks for sharing, Mary Anne.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package ramen noodles
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 -3 bags Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute in the butter, until lite brown, the package of ramen noodles (crumbled) and the slivered OR sliced almonds.
- These are the"crispies" and will keep in a baggie in the freezer if you have any leftover.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in jar and shake to mix.
- This makes enough salad for 2-3 bags of baby spinach or baby romaine or spring greens, your choice.
- Toss the salad with some crispies and dressing right before serving.
- Works well to serve with tongs.
- Add optional sliced green onions if you wish.