Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom got this recipe from a friend, and it has quickly become a family favorite. Delicious!
Make and share this The BEST Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Saute in the butter, until lite brown, the package of ramen noodles (crumbled) and the slivered OR sliced almonds.
- These are the"crispies" and will keep in a baggie in the freezer if you have any leftover.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in jar and shake to mix.
- This makes enough salad for 2-3 bags of baby spinach or baby romaine or spring greens, your choice.
- Toss the salad with some crispies and dressing right before serving.
- Works well to serve with tongs.
- Add optional sliced green onions if you wish.
I was looking for a new salad recipe to take to Easter dinner at my in-law's house. This one looked interesting, and I wasn't disappointed. I sprinkled a little brown sugar over the "crispies" as they were sauteeing. I also added some ginger to the dressing and mandarin oranges to the salad. Everyone really enjoyed this salad. Thanks for sharing, Mary Anne.
Very good..I added mandarin oranges, bacon and craisins to the salad. The crispies were hard to stop munching on before I had the salad served; I also added a little brown sugar to the noodles and almonds while browning. Just be sure to keep stirring the topping while cooking as it can burn very quickly if you're not careful.
Thank you for sharing the recipe..
Didn´t have any noodles. Used romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Great!!