Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was in the NYT today and it looks awesome.
Make and share this The Best Spinach Dip With Chipotle and Lime recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- Bundle spinach in a clean dishtowel and squeeze very tightly to remove all excess moisture.
- In a food processor, blend together all ingredients except spinach until very smooth, about 90 seconds.
- Pulse in spinach until just combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Note: You can omit the sour cream and increase mayonnaise to 1 cup.
I made this when I heard about it from the NYT. I recently went looking for the recipe and was thrilled to find it here. The chipotle and cilantro gave it such a burst of flavor and it was such a nice change from the usual Knorr dip recipe.
this was good! i added a can of chopped water chestnuts as i needed more texture but it was easy to put together. mine was a little blandish.. i think it needs more chipolte (i like my dips hot) and maybe a bit more salt? but it just didnt have a real popping flavor.. healthy though well i used low fat or fat free items in it. next time i would probably want more chunks of peppers or something though. thanks.
Made for My 3 Chefs 6/07. This is fabulous!! It makes a lot, too. I skipped the cilantro because I can't stand the stuff. I would add more chipotle next time - just up to 1 1/2TB as I thought it was barely noticable. A fabulous recipe; thank you enigmused!