Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ok, I am aware that there are many spinach dips posted, but not this one. I am posting this one and believe it or not another one. This one is #1 because it was the first of the best two that I have had. I honestly cannot decide which one I like best, so sometimes I make this one and sometimes the other. This one is a knorr soup recipe, but it is different than the others because it has a packet of ranch in it. I have seen some with knorr soup mix, but no ranch and some with ranch and no knorr soup. This one has both and it really is fabulous! EDITED THIS TO NOTE: I originally had 1 cup of sour cream on this recipe which was an error! It is 2 cups...which is why some reviewers thought it was too salty.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped (optional)
- Squeeze the thawed spinach in your hands until most of the water is out.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Refridgerate a couple of hours or over night.
- Serve in a bread bowl with bread, crackers, carrot sticks.
This was easy to make, however, it seemed too salty and that may be just me. We're used to lower sodium cooking. I used Smart Balance mayo (no sat. fat) and light sour cream. Forgot to pick up onions, but didn't miss them. I probably wouldn't make it again (unless my DH loves it) ONLY because of the salt (which others may have no problem with!) If Knorr only made a lower sodium version... I updated the stars bcz my DH didn't think it was as salty as I did (a little salty) and liked it.
This dip tasted very good. After reading the other review, I tested for saltiness at the beginning and ended up adding more sour cream (16 oz. total) and more spinach (16 oz. instead of just 10). After it chilled for a while and the flavors developed, it was just fine. Thanks for posting!