Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my new favorite and my family goes ga-ga for it. A dinner pie made from a spaghetti/Parmesan pie crust filled with meat and cheese. YUMMY. It's the cottage cheese that makes it great. For some reason my husband hates cottage cheese but loves this. I got this recipe from an OAMC cookbook.
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 well beaten eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) canundrained Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove (to taste)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Cook spaghetti al dente , drain.
- stir butter into hot noodles.
- stir in Parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Use mixture to form crust on bottom of two buttered pie tins or one 9x13 buttered casserole dish.
- Cook brown meat and onions until meat is browned. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, suger, and garlic. (plus any other spices you would like for taste).
- Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti crust.
- top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake covered for 35-40 minute at 350. ( if you want to freeze to eat for a later date, just skip baking, wrap with aluminum foil and freeze. when ready to cook, thaw first and then follow baking directions).
- Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.