1 hr 15 mins
This is my new favorite and my family goes ga-ga for it. A dinner pie made from a spaghetti/Parmesan pie crust filled with meat and cheese. YUMMY. It's the cottage cheese that makes it great. For some reason my husband hates cottage cheese but loves this. I got this recipe from an OAMC cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 well beaten eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can undrained Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove (to taste)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1Cook spaghetti al dente , drain.
- 2stir butter into hot noodles.
- 3stir in Parmesan cheese and eggs.
- 4Use mixture to form crust on bottom of two buttered pie tins or one 9x13 buttered casserole dish.
- 5Cook brown meat and onions until meat is browned. Drain.
- 6Add tomatoes, tomato paste, suger, and garlic. (plus any other spices you would like for taste).
- 8Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti crust.
- 9top with meat mixture.
- 10Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- 11Bake covered for 35-40 minute at 350. ( if you want to freeze to eat for a later date, just skip baking, wrap with aluminum foil and freeze. when ready to cook, thaw first and then follow baking directions).
- 12Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 149.9 mg
- Sodium 908.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 28.8 g