Recipe by hlamar
This recipe was handed down from my great-grandmother. It is truly the best that I've ever had! **in response to the first review, it is actually more of what most would call a chess pie -- sorry!
Top Review by ~*Sarah*~
Perhaps I messed it up, but what I got out of my oven was not my idea of a pecan pie. But then- pies have never been my specialty and perhaps that influenced this as well. Still, I won't try this one again.
- 2 regular pie crusts (not the deep dish type - shallow)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- enough pecans, for top garnish (can do chopped or whole)
Directions See How It's Made
- While your oven is pre-heating to 350F, start melting the margarine over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Once margarine is melted, remove saucepan from heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Beat and then add the eggs and the rest of ingredients to the saucepan-- stir well.
- Pour evenly into the 2 pie shells.
- Lightly sprinkle (or place if whole ones) pecans on top.
- Once oven is pre-heated, bake on cookie sheet@ 350F for 30 minutes.