1/4 Photos of The Best Southern Green Beans
2 hrs 10 mins
These are FANTASTIC! This recipe was revised from an old family favorite! My southern roots come through on this one! Either way the beans end up melting in your mouth and the cooked bacon adds more flavor! REALLY tasty! Good for cookouts or to compliment any meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put green beans in pot- if canned add juices, if frozen add water enough to see but not cover beans- cook on medium heat.
- 2Fry bacon until cooked but not too crisp- drain on paper towel.
- 3Cut onion in large (thick) slices and break rings apart in to beans.
- 4Crumble or rip bacon apart add to beans.
- 5Add spices to taste.
- 6Let cook for a few hours on low heat.
- 7If want to serve sooner- turn heat up and cook until water boils down.
- 8OR can put in crockpot on low all day long and let simmer.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Southern Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 69.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g