These are FANTASTIC! This recipe was revised from an old family favorite! My southern roots come through on this one! Either way the beans end up melting in your mouth and the cooked bacon adds more flavor! REALLY tasty! Good for cookouts or to compliment any meal!
- Put green beans in pot- if canned add juices, if frozen add water enough to see but not cover beans- cook on medium heat.
- Fry bacon until cooked but not too crisp- drain on paper towel.
- Cut onion in large (thick) slices and break rings apart in to beans.
- Crumble or rip bacon apart add to beans.
- Add spices to taste.
- Let cook for a few hours on low heat.
- If want to serve sooner- turn heat up and cook until water boils down.
- OR can put in crockpot on low all day long and let simmer.