1/1 Photo of The Best Sour Cream Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
Got this recipe from my older step-sister. We eat it at almost all pot-luck family gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (depending on size)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, for filling mixture)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, for topping)
- 12 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook chicken breasts. I usually microwave them covered in parchment paper until cooked through.
- 3Shred chicken with a fork.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, sour cream, soup, green chiles, onion, salt, and ONE cup shredded cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- 5In a frying pan heat vegetable oil at about medium-high heat til hot.
- 6Then soften each corn tortilla in oil until slightly firm but still soft (about 5-7 seconds on each side). Allow to cool on paper towels.
- 7Spoon filling into tortillas, roll them up and place them in an 9" x 13" baking pan.
- 8Spread remaining filling mixture across the top of the enchiladas.
- 9Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese over the top of the enchiladas. If you like cheese feel free to add as much cheese topping as you like.
- 10Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese appears melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Sour Cream Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.9
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 931.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 29.1 g