Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The most tender, best tasting chicken breasts ever. Delicious served over rice. Easy to double the recipe.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 jar dried beef
- Line the bottom of an 11X13 baking dish with the dried beef.
- Wrap each chicken breast in a bacon strip and lay it on top of the beef.
- Mix together the sour cream and soup and spoon it over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes checking after an hour as time may vary.
I have made this often - as a similar recipe was in our church cookbook. I omit the dried beef as I never seem to have it on hand. And I use turkey bacon. Also, I cook it at a lower temp and for a longer length of time (250 for about 2.5 hours) We call this Church Chicken... as it cooks while we are at church.
I have made this forever and it is delicious. My mother used to make this when I was younger. I wrap the chicken in both the dried beef and the bacon. I use turkey bacon because its not as fatty. I also use fat free sour cream and low fat cream of chicken or cream of celery. So good!!
This was very tasty! I couldn't find a jar of dried beef, only a ziploc package, but since no size was given I wasn't sure if I had the correct amount. I didn't use much of the beef, and instead wrapped each breast in 2 slices of bacon. I think next time I will omit the dried beef altogether. I will certainly make this again. It was very easy!