Recipe by Breeze144
I adore these cookies! I found the recipe in a cute cookbook called "365 quick and inexpensive dinner menus". Everyone (even those who say 'I don't like ginger cookies') loves these!
- 3⁄4 cup shortening, creamed
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shortening, sugar, molasses and egg and beat throughly.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to flour and mix together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inch bals and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet (I like to flatten them slightly with bottom of a glass).
- Bake at 325 for 8 minutes **very important not to over bake or else they won't be soft!**.