"This must be one of the best cookies I have ever eaten." Yep, that's what my mother said the first time I ever made this cookie. It is a GREAT cookie recipe, and not difficult to make at all. I tripled the recipe and took it to school to sell... I sold all of them with in an 80 minute time span to only 4 people. They are good cookies, I can't resist them whenever I make them. And they turn out so nice whenever you bake them, it's hard to make an ugly snickerdoodle. lol. Enjoy. (prep time is estimated)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars at high speed.
- Add egg, vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 300° while you let dough rest 30-60 minutes in fridge.
- In a small bowl combine topping.
- Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, NO MORE.
- *Cookies may seem undercooked but will develop.
- Don't roll your dough into too big of a ball; they may not turn out in that much time if you do that.
- It happened to me.
- If the cookies don't turn out, please try again.
- It's a very good cookie, it's just all a matter of getting the cooking time right.