1/7 Photos of The Best Snickerdoodles I Have Ever Eaten
"This must be one of the best cookies I have ever eaten." Yep, that's what my mother said the first time I ever made this cookie. It is a GREAT cookie recipe, and not difficult to make at all. I tripled the recipe and took it to school to sell... I sold all of them with in an 80 minute time span to only 4 people. They are good cookies, I can't resist them whenever I make them. And they turn out so nice whenever you bake them, it's hard to make an ugly snickerdoodle. lol. Enjoy. (prep time is estimated)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (I used light brown)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars at high speed.
- 2Add egg, vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- 3In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- 4Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix well.
- 5Preheat oven to 300° while you let dough rest 30-60 minutes in fridge.
- 6In a small bowl combine topping.
- 7Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball.
- 8Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press onto greased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, NO MORE.
- 10*Cookies may seem undercooked but will develop.
- 11Don't roll your dough into too big of a ball; they may not turn out in that much time if you do that.
- 12It happened to me.
- 14If the cookies don't turn out, please try again.
- 15It's a very good cookie, it's just all a matter of getting the cooking time right.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Snickerdoodles I Have Ever Eaten
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 132.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g