Recipe by staci.spass
This recipe was given to me by a friend- I think she took this from a womans magazine and it is great in the slow cooker. The flavors are so good and it is a nice meal on a cold day. I serve these over noodles
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 3 -4 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup your favorite red wine- i use shiraz wine or 1 cup merlot
- 1 (1 ounce) package au jus mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onions and place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet or stockpot, heat oil and brown ribs on all sides and transfer to slow cooker.
- Mix together borth, wine and au jus gravy mix and pour over ribs.
- Cover, cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Serve hot over cooked noodles :).
- If preparing to freeze cool completely, cover and refridgerate overnight. Discard fat layer from the top, Transfer to an airtight container cover and freeze.