Recipe by Parrot Head Mama
I was experimenting in my kitchen, wanting to come up with something light, taste and refreshing to pack as part of our "tailgating fare" for this year's Jimmy Buffett concert. I am quite proud of the end result, VERY tasty with just the right among of *zing*, but not as to overpower the sandwich. And all 24 sandwiches were gone in under an hour. :) ***NOTE, cooking time include chill time in the fridge***
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat
- 1 (6 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise (more or less, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 rolls or 8 buns (the softer the better) or 8 croissants (the softer the better)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-large sized bowl, roughly break up the crabmeat into small pieces (but not TOO small -- don't "pulverize" it, LOL).
- Add shrimp, scallions and celery and toss gently.
- Add mayo, dill, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, but gently, and chill at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve on soft, flakey rolls/bread/buns/croissants and ENJOY!